There are a number of factors that must be taken into consideration including the following:
1. Time since prior discharge.
2. The Means Test.
3. Whether a married couple has filed jointly or singly and now wants to reconsider.
4. The limited 30 day stay on a refile.
5. The balance on secured cram downs and/or redemptions.
6. Any subsequent foreclosure.
7. Good / bad faith issues.
8. The ability to obtain a Chapter 13 hardship discharge.
9. The ability to obtain a Chapter 13 super discharge.
10. The ability to obtain a super discharge.
11. Priority debt status.
12. Liquidation analysis.
From this post you can see that a decision to convert a Chapter 13 to a Chapter 7 or to dismiss a Chapter 13 and refile a Chapter 7 involve very complex issues and require an advanced degree of analysis.